Wednesday, April 21, 2010

#4: Head over heels - Tears for Fears

Wow my first piece of cheese.  But there is nothing wrong with a bit of cheesy pop.  I first came across this song via one of the opening scenes to the terrific Donnie Darko.  A perfect way to kick into an 80's set high school movie, the fact that it encapsulates all that was good and bad in the 80's, and somehow manages to get Seth Rogan, Carter from ER, Drew Barrymore and Patrick Swayze in the same montage.



I can't actually say what actually stands out for this song over the other million cheesy pop songs.  Maybe it is because it reminds me of how much I like Donnie Darko.  Maybe I am being a typical Gen x'er and liking it ironically.  Or maybe its just because it is a really great hooky pop song, with a wonderfully huge chorus

Or maybe it is because this makes it even better...(is that Dave Coulier?)

No comments:

Post a Comment