Saturday, April 17, 2010

#2: Lover you should've come over - Jeff Buckley

It is funny how songs sometimes just pass you by, and then for some reason with whatever is happening in your life they smack you in the face and say "HEY"!  This was one such song.

Breaking up is hard to do.  2004 was the year, a rather up and down year for me.  I had just experienced a break up and was listening to a lot of moody love songs.  Then suddenly listening to Grace this song came on, and I got that smack in the face.  Buckley's voice and the constant refrain of "it's never over" leading to the build up at of the song at the end and the last line "cause it's not too late" seemed to give me hope that the love could rekindle.  It gave me hope.  Fortunately it was not to be.

Lover you should've come over - Jeff Buckley



No comments:

Post a Comment