Saturday, April 17, 2010

#3: My Generation - The Who (Live at Leeds version)

Ahh The Who.  One of my favourite bands.  Without them there would be no punk in my opinion.

This song reminds me of the daily walk to work in 2005.  I was working in parliament and life was pretty good.  The funny thing is, this version of the song was so long (15 minutes 49 to be exact) that I would often have to skip to my favourite parts of the song before I got into work (I lived close to work).  It was a good time in my life and this song gave me an extra big spring to my step as I went to work.  Sometimes I physically had to stop myself from jumping up and down for risk of looking like a complete fool.

In essence, this is barely even My Generation.  It kicks into parts of See Me, Feel Me, The Seeker and Sparks, amongst extended jams.  This version is absolutely BLISTERING.  It has multiple false stops and tempo changes at the blink of an eye.  Amazing album Live at Leeds, one of my fav's.

A good time in my life coupled with  rock and roll at it's best.

The Who - My Generation - (Live at Leeds)

No comments:

Post a Comment